Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kamaya's 4 month appointment

She won't be 4 months for a week though. She weighed in at 13lbs 6oz (49th %tile) and measured 23.5inches (29th %tile...she's a shorty compared to her sister). The doctor said she's growing well. She was born in the 81st %tile and has dropped down to the 49th. Hopefully this means we don't have to hear all that "borderline overweight" crap we heard with Ky. He said I could start her on cereal and solids between 4-6 months but I'm definitely waiting for a while. Aside from looking at our food like she wants it, she doesn't really seem too interested. We'll see. She didn't get her vaccinations for two reasons. First being that I got a phone call from a nurse yesterday saying that she's not yet 4 months so they couldn't give her the shots. So we scheduled an appt for the 17th because we'll be out of town next week. The doctor said it would've been fine to give her them today because it's been two months exactly since her last shots. BUT, reason number two was that they were out of one vaccine and I decided it'd be better to get them all at once than to poke her twice and have her hate me for two days haha. I'll make sure Daddy holds her...nobody ever came to Ky's appts with me so I did all her vaccines on my own, it's daddy's turn!! She's very strong, talkative, so smiley and generally a happy baby. The gas issue has lessened greatly. She does occasionally get gas and cries like it's painful, but once she gets the fart/burp out she's fine. Daycare has been putting her in the exersaucer for weeks because she's got such a strong neck and holds her head up well. She has rolling phases. For a while she'll roll belly to back consistently and then for a while she'll just lie on her belly and cry refusing to roll. But she's a great baby and I love her lots. I stop in to see her when I deliver mail to the daycare and it's so hard to pry myself away from her. I shouldn't torture myself like that, but I can't help it!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space