Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happenings

I felt the need to update, though nothing significant has happened around here. I don't think anyways.

We had a WIC appointment. Kyliana was 41 3/4" tall and 39lbs 6 oz. Which they finally said is a healthy weight and not borderline overweight or at-risk for being overweight. Nice. I think they just look at me as a young, low-income mom and assume that I feed my child a bad diet. Which is not the case at all. But considering you have to be lower-income to get WIC, I think it's a general assumption for all recipients. Anywho, Kamaya measured 25 3/4" tall and 16lbs 8 oz. However, that was with her clothes and diaper on. She has her 6 month appointment tomorrow, so I'll have a more accurate weight # for her.

Both girls are doing well. Kamaya is eating baby foods now. She's a fan of most foods except peaches. They smell bitter, so I know they have to be bitter. I probably could try them myself and find out, but they look yucky! Ky is still having some issues with school and drop off. I don't know what to do with her. We have a conference Nov 6th with her teachers, so maybe we can brainstorm some new ideas. Her teacher just had a baby, but has been out of her classroom and acting as the sub since this semester started. She's probably having issues with that as well as her current teacher leaving earlier for class. She's doing very well in her dance class. I asked the teacher how it works as far as age and the class they can be in. There's 2-3 year old class and a 4 year old class. Ky won't be 4 til March, but she's so much bigger and well-behaved compared to most of the girls in her class. I didn't know if the teacher would switch her over in the winter or what, so I asked. She'll stay in 2-3 year old class. I guess that's good because when recital comes next summer, she should look pretty good out there. But I feel like she's out of place. She goes to preschool with 4 and 5 year olds. She's one of the 3 youngest in her class. She's well-behaved for other people. Not once has she gotten up out of her place, out of turn. Nearly every other child has. Ahh I need to shut up. I don't want to sound like I think my child is better than the others, I'm just sayin!

Kamaya is scooting. You can tell she wants so badly to keep up with her sister. She can't stand being immobile. I can! I am SO not ready for her to move around. Time to re-baby proof.

Yesterday we walked with the daycare in the homecoming parade. The daycare is on the school's campus and serves students, staff, faculty and alumni only, however are not funded by university (we're trying to change that!), so that allows us to walk in the parade. It's fun throwing candy out to the kids. Ky actually threw some this year, she did great. Kamaya just hung out in the stroller. She loves it outdoors. The past 2 years we've walked in the parade and go to Red Robin afterwards, so we stuck with that tradition. We braved the cold to go to the football game. Though it started at 7 and we all ended up napping til 7! Whoops! It didnt' feel as cold as I thought it would, so I was slightly overprepared. But UT lost terribly and we left after the 3rd quarter. It was a decent time though.

We decided to use our WIC produce coupons to buy pumpkins this year. The hayrides are fun, but you pay an arm and a leg for pumpkins and the hayride, so we just got them from a farmer's market this year. We each got big ones for carving, including one for Kamaya, and then 3 small ones for decoration. Well, the squirrels got the two smallest all eaten up. Then yesterday we discovered Ky's pumpkin missing. Turns out, someone took it off our porch and smashed it in the road in front of the neighbors house. I hate living here sometimes....OK more often than not!

I believe I may be starting internship. I don't want to jinx it, but I'm pretty sure I found a spot at the alternative learning and career center out here. Not my ideal population (because I prefer the elementary kids), but I will certainly benefit from it. I'm hoping to do it 3 whole days and maybe 2 half days. I have to keep some time open for appointments and I'll have to take the girls to school Tues and Thurs, so I can work afternoons only those days. I only have 67 hours for direct, and 150 indirect-but those are much easier to get-so if I even get 15 direct hours a week, I should be done well before the end of the semester. Hallelujah.

I've decided to say screw work. It's not important right now and not worth stressing about fitting into my schedule. I'll worry about that after graduation!

My birthday is Friday. I'll be a quarter of a century. BOO. I used to get excited about birthdays. I'm too young not to be excited, but I feel older than I am. I've got 2 kids, I have a right to feel older haha. Halloween is coming up. I'm so excited. I just love getting costumes for my kids. Kyliana is going to be a princess, naturally. She wanted to be everything she saw but I wanted to somehow tie the girls costumes in together. I found a unicorn costume for Kamaya, so Ky got to be a princess. I almost did Ky as Ariel and Kamaya as Flounder, but they didn't have her size. My mom may be coming out here for halloween, and I'm super excited :) She hasn't been out here since Kamaya was born!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space