Monday, November 2, 2009

Sigh...

I cannot wait for December 19th. I am so ready to be done with this stress and move on to some new stress...Haha! I know the stress is inevitable. It's a super long confusing story, but I found an internship placement. For the licensure board, I have to have a licensed school counselor as my supervisor who fills out my paperwork. The elementary school I'm at has a licensed social worker in the counselors position. BUT a 5th grade teacher there has her counseling license and agreed to fill out my paperwork. What was odd to me was that after asking several times, she'd never answer me about the name of the counselor or if I should speak with her. We met up and she told me she was going to leave the counselor out....again, odd. Well, the counselor found this out and got upset (overly if you ask anybody else besides her). So after thinking I secured an internship, I was faced with the fear that it wouldn't work out. But it did and I'll start with her on Wednesday! I've got 65 direct hours to go (face-to-face contact with students or parents) and 140 indirect (anything else related). The direct are the big ones. I've got about 5 weeks to get em done. Included in that is 3 days off for Thanksgiving break and 2 days off for parent teacher conferences. I can do it though!! Nothing is going to stop me from graduating in December. Then I'll try to plan to take my Praxis II (licensure exam) in January I think. I can take it January 9th or March 13th. I'm shooting for the Jan one. It costs me $130 to take it, so I'll have to hope for Christmas or graduation money to fund this. When I took the GRE (the test you have to take prior to getting into graduate school) I was able to get a fee waiver because I'm poor...but they assume grad students have money. That's the only explanation for charging us more tuition, don't you think? Ha.

I just found out on saturday that we will no longer be receiving childcare assistance. Sad. Very sad. Fortunately we have to pay only $25/week per kid. However, I have no income so I can't afford to pay anything! Ugh. Vic said "well, we need to find you a job". I cannot put off finishing internship when I'm thisclose to being done with it. That and how in the hell will I find any non-retail job willing to work with my internship hours, daycare hours and Vic's work hours. Not.gonna.happen. Duh.

Anyhow, The girls are doing great. Kyliana has been on good behavior in school. For a while she was laughing at and ignoring her teacher when she was asked to do something. Now she'll get computer time for good behavior. This child is computer obsessed. NOT a good thing! But she can type her name very well. I didn't use computers in school until I was in 9th grade! Now they have computers in every classroom in pre-k! Nuts. Makes me feel even older. I dread the day Kyliana has to show me how to do something!

Kamaya is a scooting machine. It's weird to see how different my kids are/were. Kyliana couldn't even sit up on her own until about this age. Kamaya has been doing it since 5 months old. Kyliana got around by rolling and rolling and rolling. Kamaya is scooting. You can tell Kami wants so badly to be mobile. I think she'll be the one who works on mobility before her verbal skills. Ky was the other way around. That child could have a 5 minute conversation with you at 18 months old. She was also making a lot more clear word sounds at Kami's age. Kamaya hardly makes any. I predict that Kamaya will be the social, outgoing, into all sports kind of girl and Kyliana the shy, introverted, girly sports (if any). I could be way off with the sports thing, but I can almost promise you Kyliana will continue to be the shy girl and Kamaya will turn into the outgoing one. Ky is so much like me and Kam so much like Vic. He's the happy, talkative, social guy and I'm the depressed, shy, stay at home girl.
I'm in NO rush to find out how these girls will turn out though. I wish time would slow down.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space