Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'll miss you Anthony...

So Thursday night I thought about an old friend of mine from my freshman year of college. I've been adding old friends on facebook lately and he was next in line. I signed on friday morning hoping he had accepted my friend request...I found an email from his old roommate, also a friend of mine-thanks to Anthony. It said "I just wanted to let you know that Anthony Dunn got shot in the stomach last night. He didn't make it".

Wow, my heart sank. I never got the chance to reconnect with him. I can't post anything on his wall because we weren't able to become facebook friends. I visit his profile numerous times a day to see the new pics and all the great things people have to say about him. I needed somewhere to share my memories.

I met Anthony through my old roommate's boyfriend. They went to school together, I believe. We kind of did a double date thing and went to the rec and watched the guys shoot some hoops. and we got mcDonalds. I had fun so I continued to hang out with Anthony. He lived in Carter hall (which I pass every day getting the girls from school/dropping them off. Talk about sad) and he'd sneak me in all the time so I didn't have to go through the front and deal with all that signing in stuff.

Anthony was such a silly guy. He always had me laughing and smiling. He insisted that I call him "daddy Dunn" and I never would, I always had to call him Anthony. We got back in touch when I came back to UT (I went to Tri-C for a year) and I went over to his apt a couple times. He introduced me to his roommate and always called him John Benjamin. He had this huge old air mattress. That was one of the last times I saw him. Then I started hanging with his roommate and we lost contact.

He's since had two children. Anthony was a great person and I've found it hard dealing with this. His killer has not been caught and no explanation has been given for his death. so sad. I hope whoever did this pays for what they've done to this man.

I've learned that it's never a bad time to tell someone you still care about them. Anthony, I care about you and I hope you can read this where you are. I need you to know I will miss you here on Earth and I thank you for your friendship and all the fun times we had. It seems you've touched many lives. You'll be greatly missed by everyone who ever knew you. Maybe we will catch up when we meet again. RIP Anthony Dunn Jr.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space