I forgot to update on my Dr appt. I gained 8 lbs in the last month...boo! But that only makes 9 total. However, I'm only 1 lb less than my highest weight while carrying Ky, so it's still sad for me. I just keep thinking of what I'll have to lose when this is over with :(.
Anyhow, I'm 25 weeks along and have to go back in 3 weeks to take my glucose test AGAIN! For those of you who didn't know...during my OB interview, where I basically just gave my medical history to a nurse and didn't even see my midwife, the nurse said I was at a higher risk for GD. Here's her logic: I'm right at the overweight mark...even though I'm still thin (this was her way of making it sound nicer I guess), which I don't get because my BMI is still in the normal range...well was pre-pregnancy anyways; I had an almost 8 lb baby....she was 7 lbs 9 oz! That's NORMAL! I was 8 lbs 12 oz, c'mon lady!; and my paternal grandfather was diabetic. So after doing research...NONE of these things put me at a higher risk for GD. I would have to be actually overweight with a higher BMI, have a 9lb or higher child prior to this pregnancy and have an immediate family member who was diabetic. Anyhow, since she thought I was at a higher risk I was ordered to take a GD test in my first trimester that came back normal.
Despite these results, I have to take one at 28 weeks regardless. BOO. My next appt is the 29th. Then I believe I start going every two weeks! I hope it flies by because I just picture it dragging with internship going on and all :(. I am dreading starting internship up again, but I'm so close to the end :). We also may be able to get a second ultrasound so Vic can actually see his first biological child in utero!
Basically we didn't know beforehand that they don't let more than one ADULT (no kids) back in the US room with you until the very end. So we had Ky with us and she wasn't allowed back so neither was he since he had to watch her. They told me the sex while I lied on the table by myself, so it made for a depressing time. Vic witnessed about 2 minutes of the US....a 45 minute US at that :(. So my midwife felt terrible when she heard the story because she didn't know that was the hospital's policy and said we might be able to work something out where we can have the insurance pay for a second one just for Vic ;)
Ok, that is all!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment