Saturday, September 12, 2009

What's been going on

So I splurged on myself and bought a pole. They are rather expensive...well for the good kind anyways. It's a spinning pole...not stationary. When they don't spin, the workout is all you. When they do spin you have help and it looks prettier. I'm loving having my own pole. I'm going to be sad when I move out of Toledo and away from Paulette's. Her class is awesome, I couldn't learn this stuff from a DVD. OK enough of that.

My baby (the bigger one) tuned 3 1/2 on the 7th. Gosh I can't believe it. We're halfway to her 4th birthday. It's insane how fast this has gone, and depressing too. I went to pick her up from school and they were out on the playground. I just walked around looking at all the things she and her classmates have done recently. The teachers have to follow the ohio standards of course, and post what they've done on the wall and what standard(s) it's meeting thanks to NCLB. Ky "wrote" a story...she told the story to her teacher who wrote it for her and then drew a picture for it. I read it and it almost brought tears to my eyes...not because it was sad or even about anybody real...but because SHE made this story up. As much sense as it didn't make it was still quite good! It's called "The Palace". Very cute. Ky also was made "Frog of the Week". Her classroom is called the Frogs. She wrote her own name on top and had to answer some questions about herself. Her favorite thing to do at home is play with blocks with mommy :) I love her beyond belief. I seriously wish I could sit in the observation room (a room with a two-way mirror) and watch her ALL day. Today she asked me "would it be possible for you to get me a snack?" Haha! And she told me that Kamaya is too young to have manners. Hopefully Kami gets manners just like her sister!

Ky had her first dance class on Thursday. They do everything, tap, tumbling, jazz, etc. It's at the same place she had her birthday party. The classes are organized by age, and hers is 2-3 year olds. Seriously, I think she needs to be in the 4 year old class. She spends time with 4 and 5 year olds all day at school. She follows directions well. In fact, she seemed to be the 2nd oldest in the class (the other girl looked about 5!!) and they were the only 2 who didn't get up out of turn and run around all over the place. I was proud. My lazy butt needs to upload the pics!

Kamaya turned 5 months old yesterday. It's insane :( I feel like I want another baby now because she's already so big. It's funny too because lately so many people-mostly strangers-have said we need to have 3 more babies because ours are so beautiful. Vic says 1 more. I don't know if I'll be ready to shut down the baby factory, but time will tell. Anywho, Kamaya is still rolling belly to back and working on back to belly. Funny thing is she will not roll on the floor when Vic is watching! It's like she doesn't want him to know. I have it on video but he's never seen her do it in person. He's seen her do it on the bed, but not the flat hard floor. She also sits up VERY well and started doing that a week or two ago. She is honestly the happiest baby I've ever seen. She just loves to watch Ky. She could be crying and Ky would laugh and Kam would stop crying and smile. Just looking at Ky makes her smile. I hope they love each other and are extremely close their whole lives!

For those of you who are keeping up with things...my mom had surgery on Wednesday. The surgery went well and hopefully she can worry less about all these things for a while. She had her thyroid removed so she'll be on medication for that forever. I love my mom so much. This has probably been the worst year for her ever. She has been through way too much this year, poor woman. But I hope that things just get better from here on out! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for her :)

Also, I have lost 18.5 lbs so far on my diet. I'm proud of myself, but I'm so burnt out from this diet. I'm sick of it. I want to eat normal food. I allow myself leeway on the weekends, especially when we're not at home. I maintain well. I'm 4.5lbs away from my first goal. After a month or so on this diet I added another 5 lbs to my goal to lose. So I'm 9.5lbs away from that. I've decided I'm done by my birthday. So about 5 more weeks left. I've gained a bit of self confidence back. I showed before and after pictures on my moms forum and they all said they could see a huge difference.

Speaking of my moms forum...get on there. We need some new members, it's gotten quiet with all the new babies taking up the mom's time so they sign on less. It's http://www.supermomsonline.org/ and you can click on the forums tab. You have to be a member to see photos and such. Seriously, it's a fantastic place and I love it. It started as a different forum (pregnant online). I joined right after I got my BFP (big fat positive) with Ky, so July of 2005. It shut down in October 07 and a computer-savvy member started Supermoms and there I am, 4 years later. Seriously...join!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay for getting your own pole!! That's awesome!

I totally have to agree with everyone that says you need at least one more baby. They are so gorgeous! In fact, I wanted to tell you that when I got the pictures of all of you in the mail. Beautiful!!!!

I'll be praying for your mom still.

Love you!!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space