Thursday, September 3, 2009

With all good comes bad

This is my life. Anytime something good happens or I'm happy about the way things are going, something ruins it.

For example...My girls are on subsidized child care. I pay a copay based on the household income and Job and family services (JFS) pays the rest. The accountant at daycare stopped me and asked if Vic was undergrad and I said he was. Then she asked if he got a Pell grant, and if he did they have a grant through the school that will pay our copay for us. Turns out he did and starting next month, it will pay our daycare fees. Awesome.

Then today I was taking a break to eat my lunch and my boss said when I'm done she wanted to talk to me. She told me that due to the budget cuts, she's over budget by exactly the same number of hours I'm working. See, last week she asked us all to figure out where we could cut some hours. There's 4 student workers there. The other 3 all gave up a day. I only work 2 days and the least amount of hours so I didn't give anything up. I've also been there the longest, like over a year longer than the second, and two years longer than the other two girls. Anyhow, so basically she told me she hated to do it but she had to let me go. Me...the highest in seniority and the only one with children to take care of. This means, I'll lose my daycare assistance all together come October...that is, unless I find another job. And that job would have to work around my school, internship, and daycares hours. BOOOO! I'm trying not to worry about it at this point and just take things as they come. Two of my non-student coworkers whom I told are pissed. They said they're going to rally for me. If it doesn't work, oh well. But they don't think it's fair. And I can't imagine many other people would either. I don't get why me.

My mom has surgery on Wednesday. She asked me not to talk about whats going on though because she doesn't want her business out there. Anybody who does so, could you just shoot up a prayer that she'll recover quickly? Thanks!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space