Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Always forget

I always forget to write in here. I figure nobody reads it anyhow....but I suppose I can look back on it one day and reminisce.

I didn't have much success with the free bow giveaway I did for Korksiepoo. That stinks. I was hoping people would want to win a free bow and all they had to do was advertise for one day. Craigslist, facebook, tell their friends and family, whatever. My website has a thing that tells how many visitors I get per day. The ONE person that entered had 7 visitors. My highest is 41. I had a good turnout one day when my friend from Iowa posted my link on her facebook status. That was a record day for a couple weeks. I can even see where people are coming from by their IP address. I bet if I had more friends willing to do the facebook status or hand out business cards, or even take 30 seconds and post a craigslist ad. But I guess if you're not getting profit out of it, why bother helping out a friend. Can you tell I'm discouraged haha.

I'm supposed to sell my bows at a consignment store. This guy emailed me and asked if I would be interested. He found me on craigslist. I met with him Tuesday and he said he was interested and would call me back later that day. Well that didn't happen. Is he still interested? I don't know, we'll see. They were taking a lot for profit so I'd have to bump up the price of the bows. And I'd only do it short term to try to get my name out.

Thus far I've had 3 orders for bows and 2 for diaper creations.

Sigh, enough about the bow business. I'm busy planning the girls joint birthday party. Our issue right now is finding a location. We just want to rent a small hall and have the party there. Hopefully we've found one. The theme is rockstar. Not Hannah montana, but Rockstar, plain and simple.
I can't believe I'm planning Kamaya's 1st birthday-not to mention Ky's 4th-already. So surreal how fast time goes. It goes faster with 2 kids, honestly.

Time for bed!

1 comments:

the brissey bunch said...

I read your blog every time you post! :) I would help more with your bow business except I can't go anywhere (no car, Bill drives mine) and I'm the only one I know with a girl other then you! lol I could recommend your website to you ;) I can't believe the girls are getting so old already! It's so true that time flies faster with 2 then one!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space