and I think "they" are lying. Seriously. I'm so in love with Kamaya that I held her all the time. That's one thing I regret about Ky. I don't think I held her enough. I was young and in the middle of the end of my college career, so I was busy. Plus the fact that I was single. Anyhow, so I hold Kami ALL the time. This child won't sleep in her crib, won't sleep more than 10 minutes in her swing or bouncy chair, etc. She wants to lay with me. Vic hardly holds her (in the rare instance that he's home), he's quick to put her in the swing. He insisted on buying this new swing, it's like his dream swing...so I guess to him that justifies wanting to put her in there all the time. Whatever.
So I'm afraid that I might not ever get this child to sleep in her crib (which she is doing right now, knock on wood) once I can get her to sleep longer stretches. Since day one she's been a busy sleeper, always moving and making noises. But her and Ky share a room and she's waking Ky up a lot...which I hate because Ky gets cranky like her mom. It's rather frustrating. Not that I don't love holding her and letting her sleep on me...I just can't get anything done! I tried putting her in a sling and she didn't care much for it. I have the snugli carrier thing and used that at the carnival at Ky's school and Kami was pretty good in it...it's just a lot of work to get her in and out of it. But I suppose that's not a real excuse. I keep it in my car in case I need it while I'm out, but maybe I'll have to try to use that more often.
Kami is just a bit more needy as a baby than Ky was...which wouldn't be a problem if Kami was my only kid. But now I have a needy toddler who is desperate for attention so much that she's seeking it in any form-especially negative. And I want so badly to spend time alone with just her, but I don't have the chance very often. I know that everyone with more than one kid says she'll adapt...but I need to adapt too. I spend the days alone with Kami...and will until June 18th when she starts daycare. Ky got 3 years of me to herself and Kami won't get 3 months...but she doesn't throw tantrums about it...so it's Ky that I have to worry about.
Anyhow, I have faith that it will get easier, especially when Kami starts sleeping longer...and when this coaching job is over for Vic (couple weeks!) and he doesn't have matches 4 evenings during the week and tournaments on the weekend.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment