Sunday, April 5, 2009

37 weeks....full term. Ahhhh it's kind of a good feeling knowing I'm nearing the end...but it also sucks because I don't know when the end will be...If I could pick, it'd be Tuesday the 7th. It would work out best for all of us. The following week-of the 12th, Vic has 3 away matches with the tennis team. His boss knows that I'm pregnant and could have this kid anytime...but I'd hate for Vic to miss out on money in fear that I'll be in labor and he'll miss it. Two of them are within 45 miles...BUT they keep "warning" me that this labor should go faster than last time. Well last time my water broke but I didn't contract for 4 hours after that...and then had Ky within 4 hours. Soooo 4 hours of hard labor. If my water doesn't break this time, who knows when I will go to the hospital and how long my labor be....but less than 8 hours might be cutting it close.

I will say that I cannot wait to be unpregnant. Not only do I want to meet my little girl, but I also want my body back. I told the nurse that I'm ready to get this baby out at my last midwife appointment. She gave me a look like I was insane...and then asked "have you ever had a child before?" uhhh yeah I have one at home...why does it make me crazy that I want to have my child? Sleepless nights? Well Ky is in pre-K so I can still nap when baby sister naps during the day. Vic is fantastic about waking up at night and taking care of things-he did with Ky. And sometimes she still gets up to pee in the middle of the night and wakes him up to help her since she's half-asleep. Sometimes she impresses us and goes without waking us up though!

Anyhow, as of April 2, I'm 3 cm, 50% effaced and at a -2 station. My 37 week appointment with Ky I was 1-2cm, 75% effaced and a -2...then my water broke 4 days later....so I'm impatient. I know all pregnancies, labors and deliveries are different, but I was spoiled last time. I wish I hadn't have gone early with her because now as that same gestational time approaches I'm anticipating labor. I could always go over this time!

My fear is my mom getting here. I'll have to call her as soon as I'm admitted to the hospital. I'm afraid it'll be at night. She can't drive at night due to night blindness, so she's had 2 friends offer to bring her out here if it is nighttime. But they are 30 mins away from her, and she's 1.5 hours away from me...not to mention prep time. AND it'll be Vic and Ky with me. I'm afraid that Ky will need a lot of attention. If it's just Vic there, he's the only one who can watch her. And then I'm thinking about who is going to take pictures. I would like pictures to remember it by...now that Patrick is gone, we've lost our photographer (not to mention handyman, mechanic, negotiator, etc :(). I know it's silly to worry about these things when I could have worse things to worry about. Chances are the L&D will be fine, and I pray that they are.

I hope I don't have to be induced...I never want to have to be induced. A small dose of pitocin to help me contract more is not induction...I can do some pitocin while already in labor, but I don't want to not go into labor on my own. That scares me...

Anyhow, I'm up way too late. Maybe I'll write more tomorrow. I have some updates on Ky!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space