Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life with two kids

....is....I don't know! It can be harder than I imagined some days, but others it's easier than I imagined. I am so glad to have two babies (but don't tell Ky she's my baby still, she will argue with you! She's NOT a baby haha), and two girls at that. I wanted a boy so badly, but I'm so incredibly happy with two girls. Kamaya is a pretty good baby overall. Vic has this insane idea that you can spoil a newborn baby and that I've done it. I tried to explain to him that if he lived and adapted for 9 months to a certain place and then was yanked out of there to a big, cold, scary place he would want to have that feeling of comfort like he had before. Well me holding Kami is her comfort. His response? "Set her down and see what happens". No shit, I just said she wants to be held right now! Geeze! MEN! At her first doctor's visit she wasn't back up to her birthweight...she was 8lbs 2 oz at birth and 7lbs 11 oz at 6 days old. So she's going back in this wednesday to get weighed. She got weiged at Wic last Tuesday and weighed 8lbs 8oz, but that was with a diaper and clothes on, so it doesn't count. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure she's back up and over her birthweight. And before I know it the doctors and WIC will be telling me she's fat like they did Kyliana.

Ky is fantastically in love with Kamaya, though insanely jealous at the same time. Her rare tantrum-throwing has increased to daily tantrums..especially on the weekends because she refuses to nap for us but always naps at school. Why?!?! Unfortunately daddy is incredibly busy with work and has matches near daily for a few weeks, so I can't spend a lot of alone time with just Ky. I feel bad. We did take her bowling on saturday-and didn't tell her beforehand so it was a special surprise. She LOVED it...and she bowled a better game than I did. But she got bumpers and I didn't :(. Then they have an arcade like a mini chuck-e-cheese and nobody was there except Ky's friends from school (they tried to organize a get-together with her classroom). Ky won tons of tickets and got a special apple ring. Oh and Thursday was the carnival at school. Kami hung out in the snugli carrier thingy and slept the entire time. Kyliana won a freakin feeder goldfish on her first try. And today she decided the fish wanted some milk so she poured a little milk in his bowl. Fortunately Newton (she was eating fig newtons when she named him) survived the ordeal and is now out of reach on the mantel-in clean water. She's been doing this school project where each kid is given a letter. They get to take home this stuffed frog (because the name of their pre-k room is the Frogs) named Felipe and search for things around the house that start with that letter. Then they can take pics of themselves with Felipe and write (or their parents can) a paragraph about what they did over the weekend with Felipe. Needless to say I'm working on finishing that up so she can take him back to school tomorrow. But what letter did we get? U!!! Yeah not many things start with a U! But it was fun trying to think of things and take pics!

And I'm finally working on sending out birth announcements. The hospital took beautiful pictures that I LOVE and my mom bought us some copies. I wish they had the same service when Ky was born. We just got the typical first hospital picture and the color looks terrible. Not many people have met Kamaya. Only my mom, Vic's parents, his cousin, and people at Ky's school. No more friends or family. Sad. My dad is in California/Utah/somewhere out west...he might be back though...and my brother is busy getting pierced and tatted haha, or working.

So I'm looking forward to next month. I'll be going to my mom's for mother's day weekend. I guess postponing graduation was a blessing in disguise because they had it scheduled for Mother's day. So I won't have to break our mother's day tradition of going to the cleveland Zoo. :). And then memorial day weekend Jeni, Nick and Grace are coming to Ohio from Iowa! We're going to stay at my mom's timeshare in Port Clinton, and they have the walleye festival that weekend. Should be fun! I won't be going back to work until June 18th because that's when Kami girls spot opens up at daycare. So I get a decent amount of time with her. And I'll only be working this summer-no classes, so she won't be in daycare too much. Anyhow I need to stop writing in here and get back to work on my mom's mother's day gift!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awwww Your girls seem so cute Ash.
I love that Ky says she's not a baby, lol. So cute.
You are doing an amazing job I'm sure, don't worry.
I get to visit the WIC people on Monday, oh joy...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space