Around 4:15am Saturday (April 11) I was having some terribly strong and painful contractions. In fear that I would call the midwives and be told to labor at home again, I decided to labor at home (and hoped that it was, indeed, labor). Finally about 7am I called the after hours line for the midwives and was told they'd page them and I'd get a call back...so I waited and waited and labored and labored. Finally after an hour and after realizing I was spotting red blood, I just decided to go in. They took me to the triage and asked a billion questions, then finally came in and checked me. I was 4cm 90% effaced and a 0 station so they admitted me. I called my mom and she was on her way. I told them in triage I was ready for my epidural haha. They took me to my room and asked me a billion more questions...which annoyed the piss out of me because I'm trying to breathe through my contractions and they're asking me questions...give me a second. And on top of that admitting called down there to ask more questions about insurance despite me sending in the pre-admission info with insurance info on it. Anyhow, they midwife came in and checked me around 9:30 and I was 6cm. They got the anesthesiologist in there and I got my epi. I still felt pressure, but didn't think it was significant enough to say anything. It took the midwife forever to get back in there, but when she did she was saying that she suspects I'll be about an 8 and it wouldn't be too much longer...but she checked me and I was ready. I think I was ready a while before that, but that's ok. I started pushing shortly before 1 and she came out a bit later. Pushing was difficult because she was anterior, facing up, but the midwife said she was surprised that she came out as quickly as she did. I could definitely tell a difference in the pushing part from this time and Ky. Ky was easier...but thank goodness I didn't have the back labor!Ky was in the room the whole time. At first the nurse said they didn't allow anybody under 10 in there. My mom left to get lunch and the midwife checked me, deciding that I'm ready to push, and asked if I wanted to wait for my family. I told her I was told that Ky couldn't be there and she said she didn't mind and that Ky was well-behaved. So I called my mom and told her to get back up there. Ky watched some, but was not scared at all. She asked after I was done if they were going to clean up my bottom. And she told me yesterday that the baby came out of my bottom. She was actually interested in it! I barely tore, just a small one and no stitches. So I got to hold her for a few minutes and then the pediatric nurses took her and evaluated. She screamed the whole time and they took an HOUR! Poor child came out and didn't eat for an hour! I fed Ky after I was done getting stitched and cleaned up...so imagine my annoyance at this-not to mention having to hear my poor child scream like that! They said she had a bit of fluid in her lungs, and that she was a big girl for her gestational age....8lbs20z is big at 38 weeks and 3 days I guess. So they had to check her blood sugar a few times while she was there. It was fine every time. Later that night the nurse noticed she was breathing rapidly so they took her to the nursery to keep an eye on her, but she was fine. I asked the ped about it the next day and he said that's nothing to worry about because babies respirate faster than adults to begin with.
Sunday morning I got the OK to be discharged. Shortly after her ped came in and said he found a heart murmur, though he said it goes away most of the time, so he had to keep her overnight and check her again Monday. If she still had it they would do an ultrasound and if they found anything concerning they would do an echo. Monday am he said he didn't hear it anymore and she was good to go. Everything is going well! I love her so much!!!Here's her picture website from the hospital...http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/ ... d0b4eda86e
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment