Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My fun ordeal

Vic's mom called me and asked me what time we'd be in Ft. Wayne (Indiana) on Saturday...which I had no idea we were going. Typical lack of communication on Vic's part. Turned out his mom wanted pictures of all her grandkids, Ky included. Ok...and then Vic used that as an excuse to have his brother's gf fix his hair. I have been harassing him about doing it, but wasn't fond of the idea of me and the girls having to sit there while he did. But I hesitantly agreed to it. First off, I think it's lame that WE are the ones who have to travel though we've got a newborn. AND we are the most broke out of everybody. Yes, Vic's two brothers both live in Ft wayne and both have two kids, but not a newborn! And Vic's parents live in Lima, so it would've been the same drive for them. His brothers and their families never offer to come here, but his SIL complains that she hardly sees us. How does that make sense? You're the well-off ones, get in the car and drive if you're really concerned! Anyways, I told a whole bunch of people I didn't feel safe driving on my tire that wasn't staying inflated, including Vic.
Vic attempted to get a rental car because his parents 2 door cavalier that he's driving is not comfortable enough to fit us all for a 2.5hour drive....but nobody had any on such short notice. I filled my car up with gas Thursday. Saturday morning he took my car, filled it up with air and we were out of the house and on our way. I have never been to his brother's house, but it is quite large and very nice. His brother is pretty well-off, doing real estate and owns a rim shop.
We drove out to the picture place and got in to get the pictures. Let me just say...it is so not easy trying to get 6 kids to smile/look at the camera or at least in the general vicinity of it/keep their eyes open/not show their underwear, etc. Vic's oldest brother and SIL didn't come with their kids. Vic's mom acted annoyed half the time...and I know it was because they were taking so long. Thing is, if we had went to walmart, you'd get the 6 poses they choose and that's it. There were over 130 pictures to choose from because they wanted to make sure they got good ones. So yeah, they're a bit more time consuming and a little more costly (I easily spent nearly $200 on pics at walmart too though), but it's worth it to me to get good pictures.
Anyways, so we got back to his brother's house and everyone sat around and ate, chilled, played. I got subway because I was determined not to stray from my diet and I didn't :) I even ate 2 cookies! So finally around 6:30, vic's brother's gf started on his hair. It took 3 hours!! Can I just say I was extremely bored! His mom was sleeping, Kyliana was outside playing and Kamaya was sleeping. I can only do so much on my phone before I get bored. Finally at 9:30, past Ky's bedtime, we are done and able to leave. So we get on the road. about an hour and a half into our drive, 15 miles into Ohio, my tire blows up. Freakin awesome. All I could do was laugh and say “I knew it! I so called this!!” over and over again. So I'm getting ready to call my free roadside assistance or Vic's AAA and he says he's going to change the tire himself. Well there was absolutely NO light, so he had to leave the door open to see. And of course, I have no flashlight. So in the meantime Kamaya gets hungry so I fed her, but the trucks flying by inches from my car had my anxiety going crazy. And then, Ky decides to wake up whining. Wonderful. So I had to bribe her with the snacks in my purse. I had a 100 calorie York wafer bar and she got half of it on her face because it was half melted, but it was worth it to stop the whining.
After about 30-45 minutes, Vic got the tire changed. I photographed the events:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ok, so when he was done, he got back into the car and started it…or NOT. We drained the Fin battery by keeping the door open for light. So NOW we had to call AAA.
They transferred us to a dispatcher for someone in the area. They said they generally don’t like to jump people on the highway, so they might tow us to the nearest rest stop… Problem is, we have 2 adults and 2 children that all can’t fit into a tow truck. So they offered to take 2 people to the rest stop (which is 34 miles away), jump the car and then we could go get the other 2. WTF!? Fortunately the tow truck driver wasn’t an idiot and jumped us. And he just got on the job at 12 and we were (thankfully) the first of 5 calls!
When he was all done, we were on our way home finally!! We were getting off the highway and discovered my turn signal blew out too, just to put the icing on the cake I guess haha. Finally we got home around 1:30am.
Moral of the story? Never doubt your instinct. This is the second time that I doubted it and was wrong!!! No more chalking things up to anxiety!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space