Marraige has been the topic of conversation a lot more lately. If you asked me a year ago I would've told you I was not ready and may not be for a long time. Now, I could totally be engaged for a while. I think I'm getting close to ready. I NEVER thought about or imagined my wedding before, but now I do all the time...what colors the dresses will be, who will be in the wedding, where it will be, etc.
Vic said he would have 4 groomsmen...his two brothers, best friend here and best friend from back home. Well his best friend from back home is out now because he'll be in prison for the next decade. Even with 4 groomsmen I struggled to think of who my bridesmaids would be. I really don't have many female friends. I'm not close with any of his family. There's always my stepsister of course. And we'd at least know who the flower girlS would be.
He's insisting that we would fly to Hawaii to get married, but I want to have a more traditional wedding. Though we could honeymoon in Hawaii ;).
BUT I don't know that we will even get engaged any time soon. It would be nice because then we could look into the stepparent adoption thing with Ky. Speaking of Ky, this child is adorable! I love her. She loves Kami so much. I got a video of her "reading" to Kamaya today, and Kami was just staring in her direction. So cute. She always wants to practice writing her letters. Oh and the other day she told me she was ready for Kindergarten because she can read (which is not true) and she got upset with me when I told her that even if she could read, she can't go to Kindergarten until she's 5. Some of her friends from school are leaving to be home with their parents for the summer and then to to Kindergarten in the fall.
She always wants to get Kami's diapers...she loves to pick out which diaper Kami will get because they have sesame street characters on them.
Kami's sleep habits are up and down. She is now getting too big for her cosleeper so she's not liking sleeping in there. It's too warm for the swaddle blankets we have. The crib is still apparently too big for her, or whatever her reasoning is behind not sleeping well in it. Vic took care of her last night and got 2 hours of sleep...which were lying with her on the couch. Probably why we all woke up late this morning...besides Ky who woke me up and asked me if she could have string cheese for breakfast...? Other than the sleeping, Kamaya is doing great. She's rolling from belly to back pretty consistently, she's not much a fan of tummy time, so I guess that's where her determination comes from haha. She's got her 2 mo dr appt on Thursday, so round one of vaccines. Vic can't be there because of class :( He taught Kam's ped's son tennis. I read about some topical cream that you can have the ped write a prescription for that numbs the skin for vaccines...but very few peds tell parents about it. I don't know if insurance will cover it, and it's too late to get it, but I'll ask about it for next time. HOpefully she takes the vaccines like a champ like her sister did.
I'm going to end this now because she's being a fussy mcfussbutt!!!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment