Why, Why, WHY am I so giving. Not that it's a bad thing, but I sometimes hate that quality about myself. I don't want to sound selfish, but it's frustrating when you're constantly giving and giving and giving but nobody returns the favor. I LOVE to shop, especially for kids and babies. Particularly because I'll see something that my kids don't need but I'll know someone else who has a kid who could. And I always have coupons that I hate to let go to waste.
I've gone all out for several people for their baby showers...none of whom even came to a baby shower for me. My coworkers for example. I've had 2 coworkers have babies since I started there. I made them both diaper cakes, bought outfits, etc. Neither of them have bought a thing for Kamaya, though they continually promise to do so. It's one thing if you just don't get my child anything, no biggie, but it's a whole different ball game if you say you're going to do something and never do. I'm not the richest person in the world, hell...I am well below the poverty line, but still somehow manage to do such nice things for people. Not to mention, I was/am financially raising Kyliana all by myself. ($38 in 2 months does not count as helping...)Where's karma here? I've known several people, in person and online, who have had girls. I gave away all of Ky's old clothes up through 12 months....and most of those people could more easily afford to buy those clothes than I could. Must be nice. I gave away Ky's old crib for free. FREE. Granted it was a decade old and well worn-in, and I kept the mattress...but still...another nice thing I did for someone. Is it selfish of me to even be thinking like this? I feel like it is.
Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for those people who did help us get the things we needed for Kamaya. But it's so crazy how none of them were the people who I helped out. As we speak...or as I type...I've got bags full of stuff for other people's babies....none of whom bought anything for either of my babies. I don't even know what I should do about this! It seems like a terrible thing to vent about...being too giving. Sigh....
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I feel like a jerk b/c I couldn't make it to your diaper party, and never sent you anything either :-(
I really wish I could too, because I HATE when people do stuff like wrote about. Sadly though, we are so tight on money and have been for the last few months that we even turned off our cable and internet (i use my mom's computer) at our house to save money for a few months :-(
I hope you don't think I'm too big of a jerk.
Oh girl, don't feel like a jerk! I totally understand!! This was more towards coworkers who kept promising to get something for the baby and never did. It's really annoying. And even family members who claimed to have bought diapers and things for the diaper party and then didn't show up. Apparently they returned what they got...?? Who knows. But I never expected anything from you!!! Please don't feel bad!!
Post a Comment